Basundi is a rich and delicious dessert of thickened milk. Almonds and pistachios add crunch to this creamy sweet.
- Full fat milk : 1 litre
- Sugar: 1/2 cup
- Cardamom: 3 pods
- Almonds: 5(blanched)
- Pistachios: 3(skinned)
- Saffron: 10-15 threads
- Soak saffron in 2 tea spoons of hot milk and keep it aside.
- Chop finely and crush coarsely, the almonds and pistachios.
- Peel and powder cardamom seed with a mallet.
- Add it to the chopped dry fruit mix.
- Make small pieces of saffron in a cup, and dissolve it in milk.
- Pour milk in a large deep pan, on medium flame and stir occasionally.
- When it starts boiling, reduce the heat and continue to boil.
- Stir frequently, till milk is 2/3 in volume.
- Add all the dry fruits and cardamom to the boiling milk.
- Boil further for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and allow it to cool a little.
- Pour this mixture into a large decorative serving bowl.
- Allow to cool completely, chill in refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
- To avoid a layer forming on the surface, stir frequently while cooling.
- Serve chilled in individual cups and garnish it with some strands of saffron.
Packed with fresh carrots, this classic recipe provides you plenty of vitamin A which helps to maintain a healthy vision and glowing skin.
- 200 grams (about 8 oz.) carrots grated
- 1 cup(s)milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) condensed milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh cream
- 4 tablespoons fine sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) ghee (clarified butter)
- a little cardamom powder, and chopped nuts (like almonds and raisins).
- Heat ghee (clarified butter) on medium level in a pan till hot. Add grated carrots and mix well. Fry the carrots for about 10 minutes or till they are cooked.
- Mix milk, sugar and condensed milk (replace condensed milk with 4 tablespoons khoya, if available). Add to carrots and keep on low heat uncovered for about 7 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Dot with fresh cream. Sprinkle cardamom powder and chopped nuts. Keep on low heat for about 2 minute(s).
भाई दूज पर बनने वाले पकवानों की विधि वीडियो के साथ हिंदी में देखें, यहां क्लिक करें