Sir Mokshagundam VisvesvarayaHe is known to be the greatest engineers of all times, who with his vision and dedication in the field of engineering made some exceptional contributions to India. Owing to his contribution he was honored with the highest state award of India, the “The Bharat Ratna”, in the year 1955. Some of the contributions of Sir VM are:
As an Engineer par excellence:
- He was the chief engineer during the construction of Krishna sager dam on the Cauvery River.
- Many dams built by him in Bombay are still functional even till today.
- The Sri Jayachamaraja Polytechnic Institute of Bangalore was started on the recommendation of Sir Visvesvaraya.
- The Block System was invented by him, which was a system of automated doors that closed in the conditions of overflow.
- Krishnarajasagara Dam built by his help, is still praised by everybody witnessing it.
- Mysore University, which is a matter of great proud for the people of Mysore, was established because of his will and conviction.
As a Person:What was achieved by Sir Visvesvaraya, was not as easy as it seemed, as it required strict discipline from his side.
- Punctuality: He was very famous for his punctuality, it s said He was never late even by a minute and expected his people also to realize the importance of time.
- Perfect Clothing: Every person having met Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya, proudly remembers his neat and fine clothing.
- Perfectionist: There are many examples to show that even a little task that he took up, was always completed to perfection. Even if it was to deliver a speech, he would think in advance, write and rehearse it number of times.
- Fitness: Even at the age of 92, he was never dependent on comforts; he would not only walk by himself, but, take full participation in all proceedings.
- Dedication to work: Nothing was able to deter Sir, from his commitment to good work; his work was his worship.
- Courageous: Many of the projects completed by him that India stands proud of today, would not have existed if it was not his will and conviction.
- Fearless Patriot: When it came to India, even high perks given to Sir by the British Government were not enough for him; he opposed everything and anything that was against the favor of his nation.
Engineers Day Videos
इस आर्टिकल को हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें