The Eid prayer always begins when the Sun is three meters from the Horizan until it reaches its merIdian. There is a rule that no prayer should precede or succeed the “Eid Prayer”.
* The Eid prayer consists of two ra kat, with six or thirteen additional Takbirs during which it is Sunnah to pronounce the takbir seven times, after the opening takbir and before the Quranic recital in the first rak ah.
* During the second rak ah, one makes takbir five times after the takbir which is customarily made for standing after the prostration.
* One is to raise one s hands during each pronouncement of the takbir.
* The khutbah after salatul Eid is a sunnah and so is listening to it.
* He person reciting the Khutba is the lead of the prayer and is called the khateeb.anyone can recite the Khutba provIded that he is male along with physical and mental purity.
* During the Khutbah, the Imam must remind the community about its responsibilities and obligations towards Allah, fellow Muslims and the fellow human beings.
* The Muslim community must also be directed to the state of the community and the Ummah at large and the feelings of sacrifice and Jihaad should be aroused in the community.
After Eid-Ul-Fitr Prayer
Eid-Ul-Fitr, one of the most important festivals of Muslims is the festival to spread happiness and love among all the relatives and near and dear ones.
The day starts with taking bath, wearing new clothes and reciting the Eid Prayer.
After the prayer on this day there is a get together at all the Muslims houses where all their near and dear ones accompany them in the Eid meals.
Muslims wish each other “Eid Mubarak” that means Happy Eid. All the children receive gifts as a token of love from all their relatives as Eid is the day to exchange gifts among each other.
The entire is day is marked with the triumph and happiness spread all around and adding to the occasion of Eid-Ul-Fitr.