The festival of Id-ul-Zuha is an occasion of feasting and rejoicing for the Muslim community. There is a tradition of sacrificing an animal by each family on this occasion and sharing it with others.
- 200 gms Meat (Lamb)
- 1/2 Cup curd
- 2 Ginger
- 5 Garlic flakes
- 1 Large onion
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 5 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seed powder
- 6 Cloves
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Wash the meat and cut into cubes
- Grind garlic, ginger, onion, coriander, cumin, red chilli, turmeric powder and curd to make a mixture
- Marinate the meat cubes in this mixture for 1 hour
- Stick the meat onto skewers.
- Grill it for 20 minutes.
- Garnish it with onions.
- Skinless Large Chicken (cut into chunks)
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 350 gm Ghee
- 2 Medium Sized Onions (grated)
- 4 Lightly beaten Eggs
- 4 tsp Sugar
- 6 tsp Ground almonds
- 1-1/2 inch Ginger (grated)
- 9 Garlic cloves
- 6 Green cardamoms
- Flaked almonds for garnishing
- 2 tsp Salt
- 5-6 tbsp Thickened Cream (whisked)
Method Of Preparation:
- Heat the ghee or butter in a large cooking pan over moderate heat.
- Fry the onions with the salt until it turns light brown.
- Pour the ginger, garlic, cardamoms, and cinnamon sticks into the pan.
- Fry until the onions are golden brown.
- Add the chunks of chicken and cook it. Stir it for about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the eggs, sugar, ground almonds and cream.
- Lower the heat. Pour the egg and cream mixture into the cooking pan.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes till the chicken is cooked and tender. Do not overcook.
- Garnish with flaked almonds and serve. Serve hot.
- 900 gms Fish
- 3/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Fresh Ginger (finely grated)
- 3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1-1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 cup Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
Method of Preparation:
- Rinse fish with cold water and pat dry.
- Now cut into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients to make a marinade.
- Pour this into large freezer bag and add the fish cubes.
- Make sure fish is well covered by marinade.
- Place freezer bag in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Take away fish from marinade.
- Discard the marinade and assemble fish cubes.
- Spray the grill lightly with cooking oil and place the fish kebabs on the grill.
- Cook for about 4-6 minutes each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Fish Kebab is ready to be served with hot rice.
Bakr-eid (Eid ul Zuha)
बक़रईद पर और भी पकवान बनते हैं। उनकी विधि और सामग्री हिंदी में जानें, क्लिक करें