India is full of talent, intelligence and creativity. There have been many stars in the galaxy of India, contributing a lot to this universe. Here is the glimpse of ancient India, which surely make every Indian proud for his motherland. These set of facts inspires every Indian to work hard with honesty and sincerity towards the goal and help the country to regain its shinning position.
- India never invaded any country in her last 1,000 years of history.
- India invented the Number system. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.
- The world s first University was established in Takshila in 700BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects. The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century BC was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
- According to the Forbes magazine, Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software.
- Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans.
- Although western media portray modern images of India as poverty struck and underdeveloped through political corruption, India was once the richest empire on earth.
- The art of navigation was born in the river Sindh 5000 years ago. The very word Navigation is derived from the Sanskrit word Navgatih.
- The value of pi was first calculated by Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is now known as the Pythagorean Theorem. British scholars have last year (1999) officially published that Budhayan s works dates to the 6th Century which is long before the European mathematicians.
- Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from India. Quadratic equations were
in the 11th Century; the largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 106 whereas Indians used numbers as big as 1053.
- According to the Gemological Institute of America, up until 1896, India was the only source of diamonds to the world.
- USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century-old suspicion amongst academics that the pioneer of wireless communication was Professor Jagdeesh Bose and not Marconi.
- The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra.
- Chess was invented in India.
- Sushruta is the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he along with health scientists of his time conducted surgeries like cesareans, cataract, fractures and urinary stones. Usage of anesthesia was well known in ancient India.
- When many cultures in the world were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan Culture in Sindhu Valley (Indus Valley Civilisation).
- The place value system, the decimal system was developed in India in 100 BC.
- India was one of the richest countries till the time of British rule in the early 17th Century. Christopher Columbus, attracted by India s wealth, had come looking for a sea route to India when he discovered America by mistake.
- India is the world s largest, oldest, continuous civilization.
- Yoga originated in India and has existed for over 5,000 years.
- The Vishnu Temple in the city of Tirupathi built in the 10th century, is the world s largest religious pilgrimage destination. Larger than either Rome or Mecca, an average of 30,000 visitors donate $6 million (US) to the temple everyday.
- India is the largest English speaking nation in the world.
भारत के बारे मे रोचक जानकारियां हिंदी में पढ़ें, क्लिक करें