- 2 cups rice
- 1 cup toor dal
- 5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon
- 5 cardamom
- 2 finely sliced onion
- 6 to 8 small size tomatoes
- 4 slitted into halves green chillies
- 12 to 15 mint leaves
- 1/2 bundle coriander leaves
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup veg. oil
- A few curry leaves
- 3 cups water
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Wash and cook dal with a pinch of turmeric powder. Set aside.
- Don t discard the cooked dal water.
- Fry the onions, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
- When onions are golden add slit green chillies, mint, curry leaves and a part of the coriander leaves.
- Keep the remaining coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Add salt, ginger and garlic paste. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the washed, drained rice and chopped tomatoes. Fry for few minutes.
- Add the cooked dal, mix well and add 3 cups of water.
- Add cooked dal water. Cook it for 8 to 10 minutes till the rice is done.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
- 1 cup Til
- 2 cups Jaggery
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 4 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 cup Water
- Roast the til dry till it turns slightly brown. Also dry roast the peanuts.
- Make powder of both ingredients.
- Heat the kadhai for 5 minutes.
- Put jaggery with water in a hot kadhai and mix well till it melts.
- Now add ghee and the powder. Mix well.
- Make ladoos from it immediately using greased palms.
- Til ladoos are ready.
- 1/2 kg Rice
- 3 cup Jaggery (grated)
- 1 tsp of Sesame Seeds
- Oil, to fry
- Wash the rice thoroughly and soak them overnight
- Remove water completely the next day
- Spread the rice on a dry cloth and let it dry for few mins
- Blend it well to fine powder in a mixer or blender
- Sieve it and set aside in a wide plate
- The flour needs to be slight damp / wet
- Add the grated jaggery in a pan and a cup of water to it and heat it until its melts
- Let the syrup be quite thick and not watery
- Filter the syrup and remove the unwanted stuff
- Add the syrup to a wide pan and keep the flame low
- Add the rice flour slowly and stir well and make sure that there are no lumps
- Remove from flame and when it s slightly cool take a small ball and pat the ball to round and flat disc on banana leaf.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on it and then fry it in oil on low flame until its deep brown in color.
- Once done remove them from oil and place them in a tissue to remove the excess oil
- Once they are cool store them in a container.
- 400 grams Dry grated coconut(nariyal)
- 150 grams Brown sugar( bhuri cheeni)
- 150 grams Sugar(cheeni)
- 2-3 tbsp. Ghee(tel)
- Take a pan and put ghee.
- When it melts put grated coconut.
- In another pan mix brown sugar, sugar and water and boil.
- When the mixture becomes hard add coconut and mix.
- Take a bit plate with high sides and apply a little oil.
- Pour the mixture in it.
- Cut and let it cool.
मकर संक्रांति पर कैसे बनाएं मूंगफली गजक और देसी घी की खिचड़ी हिंदी में पढ़ें, क्लिक करें