Recipe of Aval Kesari, a delicacy cooked during Navratri is given below:
- Rice Flakes (poha) - 1/2 cup.
- Sugar - 1/2 cup.
- Ghee - 2 teaspoon.
- Cashews - 5
- Cardomom - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Safforn colour
- Melt some ghee in a kadai.
- Roast the cashews in the ghee and put aside.
- Roast the rice flakes to golden brown in remaining ghee.
- Put safforn into some water and bring to a boil. Add the flakes and cook for few minutes. Add sugar and cardomom to it.
- Keep stirring untill the mixture becomes non-sticky. If required, add some more ghee followed by roasted cashwes and Serve hot.