Gujarati Kadhi is one of the most popular dishes during Navratri. Given below is the recipe of Gujarati Kadhi which is not only tasty and delicious but easy to cook as well!
- 2 cups yoghurt/ dahi/ curd
- 2 tbsp singhare ka atta
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp rock salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon-powdered
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oil/ ghee
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 spring curry leaf
- 3-4 whole red chillies
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves-chopped
- Beat the curd and the atta together to make smooth batter.
- Add salt, chilli powder, cinnamon, sugar, water and mix well.
- Heat ghee/ oil in kadai and add cumin, curry leaves and red chillies.
- Add the yoghurt mixture, when the cumin begins to splutter.
- Increase the flame and bring to boil
- Cook on sim for about 15-20 minutes.
- Garnished with coriander leaves and serve hot with puris or rice.