Navratri Singhare ka Halwa is one of the popular recipes of Navratri festival. It is a sweet dish loved by both young and adults.
- 1 cup singhare ka atta
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 6 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp green cardamoms-powdered
- 1 tbsp almonds-blanched, shredded
- Put ghee in kadai and melt it then add atta
- Adjust flame to medium, stir properly to prevent scorching.
- Mix water and sugar in another pan and let the suger dissolve completely in water by boiling. Simmer the flame.
- When atta is properly fried, add the sugar solution and cardamom powder and bring to a boil and again simmer the flame till the liquid is absorbed
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and lumping.
- Turn the flame off, when a thin line of melted ghee is formed around the edges
- Garnish with almonds and serve hot.