Vrat ke Chawal is an essential dish served during Navratri. Find below the recipe of Vrat ke Chawal:
- 2 cloves
- 3 cup water
- 2 cardamoms
- 30 gm ghee
- 2 tsp kala namak
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 125 gms samwat ke chaawal
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1 big size potato, diced
- Cinnamon stick, tiny piece
- Heat ghee in kadai and mix cumin seeds, cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon in it.
- When color changes to light brown, mix in potato and rice.
- Stir till appear a bit fried.
- Mix all spices and add water to boil.
- Cook covered on lower flame for about 15 minutes and let the water get absorbed.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.