Austerities during Pitr Paksha:
According to the Hindu religion, Pitr Paksha is very important and auspicious. During this period, there are certain non-indulgences that should be followed keeping in mind the sanctity of the ritual.
Although many people today, are not able to follow them or don’t believe in them, yet, they should be followed till whatever extent it’s possible.
These austerities are:
- To refrain from Non-vegetarian food.
- Abstain from the consumption of onion, garlic, junk food.
- If possible one should avoid shaving and haircuts during this time.
- Although, it is obligatory to perform the rite of “Shradh” on the Tithi of the death, but, if for whatever reason it couldn’t be done, at least food should be distributed to poor according to the time of convenience.
- Doing recitals like Garuda Puraanam (depicting passage of a soul), Nachiketa story from Upanishads (where Yama Gita is there - it contains Lord Yama s elucidation of the journey of a soul which was first revealed to the devoted Nachiketaa), and Ganga Avatarana chapter from Shrimad Vaalmiiki Ramayan. These recitals are stated to grant satisfaction of Pitrs and thereby ensure their blessings upon us.
Pitr Paksha Video
Create A beautiful Tribute to your Ancestors and Beloved ones who are no more with you:-
पितृ पक्ष में किन बातों को भूले से भी ना करें, हिंदी में पढ़ें, यहां क्लिक करें