According to ancient Vedic Scriptures everyone is indebted to one’s ancestors. Shradh performed during the month of Pitr Paksha is a way to pay homage to one’s ancestors and receive their blessings. Although funeral rites are considered inauspicious, Shradh is very auspicious and sacred especially in Hindu religion.
It is believed that during Pitr Paksha the departed ancestors leave their abode of Yama and come down on earth to take rites from their descendants.
In Hindu tradition the 13th day after the cremation is termed as “Sapindi”, or “Tervi”. It is after these 13 days of ceremonies that Pitr Puja becomes must for every son.
It s believed if there is a Pitr Dosh in somebody’s horoscope it is normally observed that the family faces some financial, health related problems. There seems to be a negative energy all around that stops the growth and development of the person or family.
Reasons behind Pitru Dosh Occurrence:
Pitr Dosh occurs when the souls of one’s ancestors are not in peace due to any of the following reasons:
- Certain wishes, that are not fulfilled and remained attached with the soul of the ancestors.
- If someone fails to remember and honor the ancestors properly.
- Bad deeds (bad karma) of children, committed knowingly or unknowingly, that are embarrassing the soul of ancestors.
- A sudden and unnatural death of any relative ancestors in early age.
- Bad deeds (bad karma) of our ancestors in earlier life, committed knowingly or unknowingly, that are embarrassing their souls.
- Lack of fulfillment of parental desires of our ancestors.
Ways to identify Pitr Dosh:
The exact nature of Pitr Dosh can only be identified after some astrological calculations using one’s horoscope. Although for a common man, these calculations are hard to understand, and thus, there are some common problems associated with Pitr Dosh.
- Repeated illness of children. Problem in conceiving a child.
- Regular Miscarriages.
- Quarrels in the family creating mental stress without a reason.
- Hindrance in educational, professional growth.
- Make balls of rice and ghee and feed them to cows and fish every Sunday.
- Charity and services to poor, beggars, old age people, one’s parents.
- Worshiping Lord Vishnu is a well known remedy of Pitr Dosh Nivaran.
- If possible, performing Kanya Daan (to perform the marriage of a girl) of a Brahmin Kanya.
- Perform Rudrabhishek (Rudra Abhishek) in the name of the Kul or ancestors.
Dedicated rituals for Pitr Dosh Nivaran:
There are some Pujas that are especially prescribed for Pitr Dosh Nivaran. These Pujas are performed at particular places in India only.
One such puja is “Narayan Nagbali Pooja”, which is performed at:
- Trambakeshwar in Nashik
- Chandod near Vadodara in Gujarat
- Kala Hasti in Tamil Nadu
Pitr Paksha Videoइस आर्टिकल को हिन्दी में पढ़ने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें
Create A beautiful Tribute to your Ancestors and Beloved ones who are no more with you:-