Shab-i-Miraj means the "night of Ascent". It was the blessed night when the Holy Prophet of Islam was spiritually transported to heaven and he reached the highest stage of nearness to God Almighty which is beyond ordinary human comprehension. The Ascent took place on 27th day or Rajab, 2 years before Hijra. The journey was not with a physical body but was a vision of the highest type
Its importance to Muslims
It is also believed that the Holy Prophet continued his journey until he reached very close to the Throne of God Almighty and attained the utmost nearness to Him. It was on this journey, that five daily prayers were made obligatory upon Muslims.
• On this day, in some Muslim countries the houses ,streets and specially the mosques are decorated and at night they are well illuminated by means of electric lights, candles or even oil lamps.
• In evening the worshippers assemble in the mosques and engage themselves in glorifying the Lord and in singing hymns in His praise and in praise of the Holy Prophet.
• Public meetings are also held generally after Isha Prayer in larger mosques where speakers throw light on the spiritual status of the Holy Prophet, and various aspects of his life.
• The story of his spiritual ascension is narrated in detail.
• After the meetings sweets are generally distributed.
• Muslims of means give money in charity and also distribute food among the poor. The devoted ones spend the whole night in the remembrance of God.
इस आर्टिकल को हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें