Flour : 3 cups
ghee : 1 cup
Water : ½ cup
Milk : ½ cup
Ice cubes : 3-4 pcs
Yellow food color : ¼ tsp
Ghee : 1 cup (for deep frying)
Kewra essence : 5-6 drops
Sugar : 1 ½ cups
Water : 1 cup
Cardomum powder : 1 tsp
Chopped almonds : 1 tbsp
Pistachios : 1 tbsp
Milk with saffron : 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation
1. Add sugar to the boiled water to prepare sugar syrup.
2. Take ghee in a large bowl.
3. Add milk, flour and 1cup water. Mix together to make a smooth batter.
4. Dissolve some color in the water with Kewra essence and to the batter. Add more water if required.
5. Batter should be very smooth and thin.
6. Take an aluminum cylinder or a long cylindrical container with height 12 inches and diameter 5-6 inches.
7. Fill half the container with ghee and heat.
8. When ghee is hot, take 50ml glass full of batter and pours it slowly in the centre of the ghee.
9. Allow foam to settle. Similarly, pour one more glassful in hole formed in the centre.
10. When foam settles again, loosen Ghevar with an iron skewer inserted in the hole.
11. Place ghevar on the wire mesh to drain excessive oil.
12. Pour hot sugar syrup in the flat bottomed container to fit in ghevar.
13. Put ghevar in it and drain excessive syrup.
14. Cool it for a while, cover with silver foil.
15. Splash a few drops of saffron milk and sprinkle some pistachios and almonds with cardamom powder.
16. Ghevar is ready to serve.