In Sanskrit Tulsi is often referred as "Tulanaa naasti athaiva tulsi" meaning That which is incomparable in it s Qualities . Tulsi Puja forms an important part of Hindu household worship and people offer water to the sacred Tulsi plant everyday and perform parikrama around it.
Tulsi Puja is performed during the Tulsi Vivah along with the worship of Lord Vishnu in the form of Shaligram.
Preparations for the Puja
- Tulsi pot
- Bright coloured odni forTulsi plant
- Sugar cane
- Moli, deepak
- Food rice, puri, sweetpotato, kheer, red pumpkin, aanvla, tamarind
- Suhaag pitari containingsaree, blouse, mahendi, kaazal (kohl), sindoor, bangles, bindi etc.
Vidhi / Method of Performing the Puja
- Tulsi pot / Vrinda devi is coloured and decorated as a bride. Four pieces of sugarcane are tied around the Tulsi pot with moli and bright coloured odni is draped on the Tulsi plant.
- At midday, a full meal consisting of rice, puri, sweet potato kheer, red pumpkin vegetable cooked with pieces of sugarcane, amla and tamarind is offered to Tulsi Vrindavan.
- Tulsi Vivah ceremony takes place in the late evening. The Pundit and housewives performs the ceremony. Tulsi Devi takes the sacred phera with Saaligram. The Punditji brings the Saaligraam with him. In a basket- saree, blouse, mehendi, kaajal, sindoor, bangles, etc. i.e. suhaag related things are kept. This suhaag pilari is offered to Tulsi Devi and later given to a Brahmini.
- Various poha dishes are offered to Shri Vishnu.
- Then Prasad is distributed among family members and friends.
तुलसी विवाह के रीति रिवाज और विवाह कैसे करें ये हिंदी में पढ़ें, क्लिक करें