1. CasablancaThe masterpiece reflects the unspoken feelings of those couples who have been separated by war. It’s one of the most romantic movies of all time and deserves to be watched this Valentines (atleast once in a lifetime).The movie is set during world war II, in Africa, where Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart)owns a nightclub in Casablanca, comes across his old flame Ilsa (Ingrid Bergman) in town with her husband, Victor Laszlo (Paul Henreid). Laszlo was a resistance leader from Czechoslovakia, and with Germans on his tail, only Rick could help them get out of the country - but did he?
2. The Great GatsbyDirector Baz Luhrmann s movie is an adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald s famous novel. The movie is set in the spring of 1922, when Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire) has just moved to New York City in pursuit of his American Dream. He moves into a home next door to wealthy Jay Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio) and grows increasingly fascinated by his elaborate lifestyle. Meanwhile, Carraway s cousin Daisy (Carey Mulligan) is leading an unhappy marriage with a philandering aristocrat Tom Buchanan (Joel Edgerton). As Nick gets closer, it gradually becomes clear that his cousin and the millionaire share a complicated romantic past that remains unresolved. Watch the movie in order to know the fate of their affair.
3. PS I Love YouBased on Cecelia Ahern’s joyful bestseller the Holly Kennedy (Hilary Swank) is pretty, smart and married to the love of her life—a funny loving and impetuous Irishman named Gerry (Gerard Butler). Holly’s world falls apart when Gerry’s life is taken by an illness. The panacea for her misery is the person who is no longer there. Nobody understood Holly better than Gerry. Watch the movie to understand the true meaning of love,even after death!
4. AmourIt’s an award winning movie that involves a thousand different emotions, but it emphasizes on one of them (love) so effectively that all others seem to be insignificant. The film is an intimate account of an elderly couple (Georges and Anne) facing their greatest challenge in the twilight years of their lives. They are cultivated, retired music trainers. Their daughter, who was a musician, resided abroad with her family. Anne suffers a major attack one day. The couple s bond is severely tested as they face a sudden turning point in their lives.
5. Aashiqui 2The movie is an ambitious sequel to 90s musical superhit Aashiqui. It is a romantic musical love story revolving around two lovers who experience love, fame and failure in their lives. Rahul (Aditya Roy Kapoor) plays a singer, who loses his career due to his drinking habits. He meets Arohi (Shraddha Kapoor) in a bar in Goa and is so impressed by her vocal skills that he promises to make her a star, where they fall in love. However did they stay together accepting their success or breakup forever?
6. Yeh Jawaani Hai DeewaniIt’s the story of the relationship between two characters, Bunny (Ranbir Kapoor) and Naina (Deepika Padukone), at two separate times in their lives- first when they are just out of college and deciding about their future and secondly, in their late-twenties when they are still perplexed about certain things. The movie beautifully relates how these two characters affect, befriend and eventually fall in love with each other.
7. Goliyon Ki Raasleela - Ram-leelaGoliyon Ki Rasleela- Ram-Leela is a romantic-drama (an adaptation of Shakespeare s Romeo and Juliet), set in turbulent times. Ram (Ranveer Singh), the local village lad, is an appealing yet a dramatic vagabond, whereas Leela (Deepika Padukone) is a defiant and passionate village lass. The only thing common between these two strangers is their families’ hatred for each other. Set in a land of guns, vengeance against a magnificent musical backdrop, the protagonist’s battle against all the odds to live their own dreams.
8. The GuideThe movie is based on R. K. Narayan’s novel and is regarded as one of the best movies of its genre. The film is about a guide (Devanand) who helps a married woman (Waheeda Rehman) achieve her dreams, but fails to achieve her love. He lands in a jail and upon returning is mistaken for a saint by natives of a remote village. The story ends on a tragic note, with the saint sacrifices his life for the well-being of the village. The film proved as a landmark in many aspects-its storyline, work of Devanand-Waheeda and the evergreen music by S. D. Burman
9. Jab Tak Hai JaanA young immigrant Samar Anand (Shahrukh Khan) falls in love with Meera(Katrina Kaif)who wanted to marry any person of Britisher nationality. She falls in love with the young Indian musician, but the love story ends with a breakup. Samar, fed up with life joins Indian army bomb squad, where he defies death every day. Akira (Anushka Sharma) a discovery channel journalist tries to reunite the lovers after ten years. Did she succeed?
10. Drinking BuddiesLuke (Jake Johnson) and Kate(Olivia Wilde) are workers at a Chicago brewery, where they spend their days drinking together. They re perfect for each other, except they re both in relationships. While Luke is in the middle of marriage talks with his girlfriend, Kate is involved with her music producer boyfriend Chris. Things get complicated when the line between friends and more than friend gets blurry.
इस आर्टिकल को हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें