There are many facts associated with Valentine Day and people celebrating this must know these facts and share among all others.
Presenting few of the interesting facts associated with Valentine Day and its celebration across the world.
* Worldwide, over 50 million roses are given for Valentine s Day each year.
* About 1 billion Valentine s Day cards are exchanged in US each year. That s the largest seasonal card-sending occasion of the year, next to Christmas.
* Valentine s Day and Mother s Day are the biggest holidays for giving flowers
* Valentine s Day cards are given to near and dear ones across the world, cards are generally presented to Teachers, children, mothers, wives, sweethearts and pets.
* Parents receive 1 out of every 5 valentines.
* About 3% of pet owners will give Valentine s Day gifts to their pets.
* 73% of people who buy flowers for Valentine s Day are men, while only 27 percent are women.
* The Italian city of Verona, where Shakespeare s lovers Romeo and Juliet lived, receives about 1,000 letters addressed to Juliet every Valentine s Day.
* In the middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who their valentines would be. They would wear these names on their sleeves for one week. To wear your heart on your sleeve now means that it is easy for other people to know how you are feeling.
* The oldest surviving love poem till date is written in a clay tablet from the times of the Sumerians, inventors of writing, around 3500 B.C.