Just a thought of Valentine’s Day draws an image of the most romantic and loving flowers of all, Red Roses. Red Rose is the perfect symbol of love and is considered the most ideal gifts for valentine. The freshness and smell of the flower expresses the genuine feeling of love and warmth.
The relation of rose flower with love is traced back to the period of Charles II of Sweden in the 1700s. Charles II introduced new language in Europe, the Persian language of flowers and many books were also published that time to promote the same.
These books contained all content regarding the meaning of each flower and its color in the flower language, this communicated red rose as a symbol of love, passion and beauty.
Then after, trend of presenting rose to beloved on Valentine’s Day started and created strong association of rose with love and Valentine s Day.
rose is also considered as a favorite flower of the Roman mythological Goddess of Love and Beauty, Venus and so the rose is believed to have strong bond with love and romance.
Different colors roses depict different meanings so this valentine day, know your color before presenting rose to anyone!!!!
Significance of Different Colors of Roses
Rose of different colors symbolizes different emotions and feelings. One therefore needs to be careful while presenting a rose to loved one:
* Red Roses Love and passion
* White Roses True love, purity of the
mind and reverence
* Yellow Roses Friendship, celebration
* Pink Roses Friendship or Sweetheart,
* Peach Roses Desire and excitement or
* Lilac Roses Love at first sight and
* Coral Roses Desire
* Orange Roses Enthusiasm and desire
* Black Roses Farewell or "It s Over"
* Bouquet of Red Happiness and celebrations
and Yellow Roses
* Bouquet of Red Bonding and harmony
and White Roses
* Bouquet of Yellow Passion
and Orange Roses