There are many beliefs associated with the Valentine Day. Different regions follow different myths related to this love expressing day.
These superstitions are mainly linked to singles; they believe that certain activities or things will bring them luck for that particular year and shower them with good luck to meet their perfect match for life time.
* If you see a squirrel on Valentine s Day, you will marry a cheapskate who will hoard all your money.
* If you find a glove on the road on Valentine s Day, your future beloved will have the other missing glove.
* On Valentine s Day, the first guy s name you read in the paper or hear on the TV or radio will be the name of the man you will marry.
* If you see a robin on Valentine s Day, you will marry a crime fighter - maybe they mean Batman!
* If an apple is cut in half, the number of seeds found inside the fruit will indicate the number of children that individual will have.
* If you see a flock of doves on Valentine s Day, you will have a happy, peaceful marriage.
* If an individual thinks of five or six names considered to be suitable marriage partners and twists the stem of an apple while the names are being recited, then it is believed the eventual spouse will be the one whose name was recited at the moment the stem broke.
* To be awoken by a kiss on Valentine s Day is considered lucky.
* If you see a goldfinch on Valentine s Day, you will marry a millionaire.
* It is said that the kind of bird a girl watches on Valentine s Day predicts her future husband.
Sparrow: a poor man
Owl: remain spinster
Bluebird: a happy man
Blackbird: a priest or clergyman
Crossbill: an argumentative man